I’ve never done anything but dream. This, and this alone, has been the meaning of my life. My only real concern has been my inner life. FERNANDO PESSOA

Sunday, 30 November 2008

Portrait Of Arrés

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes/I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose BOB DYLAN Shelter From The Storm

Not far beyond the cairns, and beyond Puente la Reina de Jaca, and further west along the Aragón valley ...


... I came to the little hilltop village of Arrés ...





... with its ruined castle, restored church, barrel-tiled roofs and distinctive Aragonese chimneys ...




I got no salvation in the church, for it was locked as usual; so I gambled that the bar was open, but it was not ...





Instead the view made up for everything ...

No comments: