I’ve never done anything but dream. This, and this alone, has been the meaning of my life. My only real concern has been my inner life. FERNANDO PESSOA

Sunday, 14 June 2009

The Barnsley Nightingale

Rotherham's finest? How could I get it so wrong in my last post? I meant, of course, Barnsley's finest. Apologies, our Kate. And belated apologies, too, for nearly upsetting a cup of coffee all over you when you rushed past me, looking for your own pre-concert cup of coffee, in Newark Palace Theatre some years ago.

2 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

When I first started listening to folk (not that long ago really) she was definitely one of the artists that converted me. She's a great songwriter as well as a lovely singer. I like a lot of her own compositions.
x

Alan Sloman said...

Thanks SW for introducing to to her. Utterly captivating.