A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Sunday 13 December 2009

Countdown To Christmas (10): Wishing, Hoping, Dreaming

Wishes, hopes and dreams - from the personal to the political, from the intensely individual to the universally communal...

My Father taught me how to sing.
He sang that dreams were everything,
Can't be bought and can't be sold,
More than silver,more than gold...

June Tabor: The Cloud Factory

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,
We shall overcome, some day.

Oh, deep in my heart,
I do believe
We shall overcome, some day.

Protest song interpreted by Pete Seeger, Joan Baez and Bruce Springsteen amongst others. Famously sung by Joan Baez and a crowd of 300,000 people in August 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D. C. during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.

1 comment:

Rachel Fox said...

Yes, I've asked Santa for some Tabor this Xmas.
x