A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Monday 11 October 2010

Labyrinth

Where am I going? I don't quite know.
Down to the stream where the king-cups grow -
Up on the hill where the pine-trees blow -
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.




Polperro...


And onwards...




A sign tried to point me in the right direction...



But I ended up lost in the labyrinth, as usual...



The waves broke on a lonely, stony shore...



Where am I going? I don't quite know.
Where does it matter where people go?
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow -
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.


(Words by AA Milne. Photos by The Solitary Walker.)

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes that is definitely Christoper Robin country Robert.

Caroline Gill said...

Sheer delight! Beautiful ekphrastic post, Robert.

The Solitary Walker said...

Ekphrastic! Lovely word, Caroline. I've just had to look it up in my dictionary..!

Thanks for both your comments.

George said...

You are on a tear today, Robert. Am I reading this correctly — three separate postings today? Having been in Washington for the day, I am having a difficult time keeping up. I loved all the walking photos, however, and posted a separate comment on the political rant. I'm wondering if the title to this posting, "Labyrinth," provoked the political rants, given the the political situation you describe in much like a labyrinth.

ksam said...

Ok...new word for the day...and that's a doozy!

The Solitary Walker said...

Doozy! That's another new word for me, Karin...

And George, I don't think the two posts are particularly connected, though, of course, everything's connected in one way or another.