Anyone for an end of year getting-to-know-you quiz, or are we all totally sick of games, quizzes, crossword puzzles, paper hats, mince pies, family arguments and all other things Christmassy by now? You must answer quickly, without too much reflection, and you must give one answer only - no hedging, or giving several alternatives etc! (Of course, it goes without saying that many of the answers will change every time we do the quiz.)
1. Best band/rock 'n' roll band?
2. Favourite pop/rock/whatever single?
3. Greatest classical composer?
4. Best novel?
5. Favourite poem?
6. Greatest painting?
7. Just one meal before you die - what would it be?
8. Cats or dogs?
9. Town or country?
10. Blogging or jogging?
11. If a famous contemporary or historical figure could accompany you on a long walk, whom would you like that person to be?
12. Favourite film?
13. If you could visit just one country you hadn't been to before, what would that country be?
14. Most sympathetic religion/philosophy of life?
15. Favourite city?
16. The dark wood or the airy hill?
17. Most compelling actor/actress?
18. Most memorable holiday?
19. Solitary walks or walks with a companion?
20. Christmas or Easter?
For what it's worth, my own answers are these:
1. The Rolling Stones 2. Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell) 3. Beethoven 4. The Rainbow (Lawrence) 5. The Prelude (Wordsworth) 6. Starry Night (Van Gogh) 7. Thai curry 8. Cats 9. Country 10. Blogging (are you serious?) 11. Krishnamurti 12. The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser (Herzog) 13. India 14. Buddhism 15. Rome 16. The airy hill 17. Vanessa Redgrave (oh, please let me have Nastassja Kinski too!) 18. Rome over Christmas and the New Year - lovely and quiet! 19. Solitary walks 20. Easter (mainly because of the promise of Spring)