A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Friday 23 August 2013

Plus Ça Change, Plus C'est La Même Chose

I've been tweaking the layout of my blog slightly. I hope you think it's an improvement. I've simplified things by adding a bullet-point menu near the top of the sidebar. Do check out the 'About' page, though I've still to complete the 'Links' and 'Camino' pages. I've also decided to incorporate my blogs Turnstone and Words and Silence into my main blog, The Solitary Walker. After all, this is the blog most people read. So in future there'll be more literary and personal stuff on TSW, but it will still keep its main focus of walking. That's walking in the widest possible sense, of course: walking through landscapes, walking in words, walking in the mind . . . 

8 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Wish my computer skills allowed me to tweak my blog Robert - it is all I can manage to just keep it going as it is.

Ruth said...

Looks great, Robert! Clean and tidy, like a spice rack on the wall. ;)

The Solitary Walker said...

Your blog is perfect the way it is, Pat.

Ruth ;)

Anonymous said...

Looking good Robert. I've a soft spot for Turnstone, but it will be good to see everything in one place.

Andy

Wendy said...

I'm looking forward to the changes - I have a hard enough time keeping up with all the many blogs I'm attracted to and having all your posts in one place will simplify things for this humble reader. :-)

dritanje said...

Yes this does make things easier solitary walker. I like the 'about' page very much I keep meaning to make one for my own blog. I really like Ruth's 'like a spice rack on the wall'! Very apt

The Solitary Walker said...

Glad the changes meet approval. The other blogs will still be available, but frozen.

I liked the simplicity of Turnstone, but it was just too time-consuming to keep three blogs on the go. I feel quite relieved to return to only one. I hope that TSW may become the richer for it. I'm particularly interested in doing some deeper exploration of books I'm reading, perhaps developing this into a kind of themed discussion... We'll see!

Goat said...

Glad you're combining your three blogs. I think it will make a nice, varied mix. I keep meaning to do something with mine, but I can barely keep up with the posting side of it.