I’ve never done anything but dream. This, and this alone, has been the meaning of my life. My only real concern has been my inner life. FERNANDO PESSOA

Sunday, 27 January 2008

Winterlude

The seasons they are turnin' and my sad heart is yearnin'/To hear again the songbird's sweet melodious tone... BOB DYLAN Moonlight from Love And Theft

I've just been for a walk round the village on this mild January afternoon. Crocuses were in full bloom in the churchyard. Snowdrops and primroses were out, and daffodils and bluebells pushing through. A single celandine was in flower on a shady bank by the stream. Blue tits, great tits, robins and wrens were very active in the trees and bushes. An early spring again this year?

3 comments:

Teri said...

I bookmarked your site and will vist. Can't wait to do the whole read. Teri - http://mi-viaje-a-santiago.blogspot.com/

May said...

I have bookmarked it too, today.

Loren said...

Sounds like your Spring comes a little sooner than ours does in the Pacific Northwest.