A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Saturday 29 November 2008

Santa Cilia

At the entrance to the village Saint James was there to greet me ...



Here's the church of San Salvador. It was locked as usual ...





The baker's (panaderia) was shut too ...



Many of the houses had pretty balconies ...



And yes, you've guessed it, I saw more steles marking the final resting place of several pilgrims ...



My own resting place for the night was the village albergue - which was the best albergue on the whole of the Via Aragonés. There was a warm welcome from the hospitalera. There was a washing machine. There was a tumble dryer. There was even a TV. I checked out the kitchen cupboards and found asparagus soup and rice - and this formed the basis of my meal for the evening.

No comments: