A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Saturday 12 December 2009

Countdown To Christmas (11): Seeking And Searching

I've looked under chairs
I've looked under tables
I've tried to find the key
To fifty million fables

They call me The Seeker
I've been searching low and high
I won't get to get what I'm after
Till the day I die

I asked Bobby Dylan
I asked The Beatles
I asked Timothy Leary
But he couldn't help me either...

The Who: The Seeker

You’ve been looking to what’s just around the corner
Living for another day
You’ve been looking to the distant skyline
Looking like you lost your way
You’ve been looking so hard for something
Your eyes are getting sore
You’ve been looking so hard
You just don’t know what you are looking for

Karine Polwart: What Are You Waiting For?

I've been walking through the middle of nowhere
Trying to get to heaven before they close the door...

Bob Dylan: Tryin' To Get To Heaven

Is the seeking itself the goal? Is the search the answer?

No comments: