A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Sunday 27 December 2009

7 Reflections on Travel

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints. ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON

Travelling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.' LISA ST AUBIN DE TERAN

He who would travel happily must travel light. ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPERY

Tourists don't know where they've been; travellers don't know where they're going. PAUL THEROUX

The traveller sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see. G. K. CHESTERTON

So much of who we are is where we have been. WILLIAM LANGEWIESCHE

You cannot travel the path until you become the path itself. THE BUDDHA

No comments: