A common man marvels at uncommon things. A wise man marvels at the commonplace. CONFUCIUS

Friday 1 October 2010

Unsettled Weather

I left the big, wet beach at Polzeath under overcast skies...




... and near Padstow passed hedgebanks brimming with the fading flowers of summer...




This is Mother Ivey's Bay beyond Padstow. Note the lifeboat station on stilts under the cliff. And no, I haven't retouched the photo. The sun had made a brief appearance, and the sea really was that blue...


The unsettled weather soon returned when I rounded Trevose Head...



... on my way to Treyarnon, Porthcothan and Bedruthan Steps...





3 comments:

George said...

With spots so beautiful and magnificent as these, I'm surprised one can keep moving on. I think I might have be inclined to just sit upon one of the rocks and gaze endlessly at the sea. I'm reminded, however, of the old travelers' maxim: "Anyplace but here." I suppose that's what keeps us walking. Loved all of the photos.

Tramp said...

SW
Yes, there is always the desire to see what's around the next head, behind the next hill but we have to take in where we are now as well. Such is life!
...Tramp

The Solitary Walker said...

Moving on. Then standing still. Moving on. Then standing still. Repeat ad infinitum. A rewarding sequence, I have always found.