I’ve never done anything but dream. This, and this alone, has been the meaning of my life. My only real concern has been my inner life. FERNANDO PESSOA

Saturday, 16 April 2011

No Ideas But In Things

Nothing is hidden;
It has always been clear as day.

For divine wisdom: look at the old pine tree;
For eternal truth: listen to the birds sing.

Seeking the mind: there is no place to look;
Can you see the footprints of flying birds?

Above, not a single tile to shelter under;
Below, not a morsel of ground for support.

From the Zenrin, a classic collection of Buddhist wisdom, and quoted in DAVID BRAZIER's The Feeling Buddha.

3 comments:

ksam said...

Beautiful!

Tramp said...

A call to head off for a walk if ever I heard one. Lady ... !
...Tramp

KleinsteMotte said...

You are so creative :) I only wish it were easier for me to read. Your font colour and my lack of vision make it a challenge. Macular degeneration.